Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Launch Gallery

Launch Gallery in Toronto asked me to fill their sculpture vitrine with my mixed media pieces for the balance of the summer. Here is an up close look at some of my work on display for sale there.

18th Century Hats by Ingrid Mida copyright 2009 (Fabric, embroidery thread and beads)

Blue Ballgown by Ingrid Mida copyright 2009 (Paper, ribbon and thread)


Red Ballgown, copyright Ingrid Mida 2009 (Paper, ribbon and thread)

Sculpture Vitrine at Launch Gallery

Somehow it seems that everything looks better under glass. A while back, I actually had a customer who wanted to buy the blue paper ballgown and I refused to sell it because I could not figure out how to mount/display it. I should have asked if she had a glass cabinet! Now I'm thinking that it would look beautiful under a bell jar.

Launch Gallery
410 Adelaide Street West, Toronto
Adelaide and Spadina 416-504-7910
Hours: Monday - Friday 12- 6 pm or by appointment