Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Diverting from Hats for a Blog Award

The lovely Lucy of Enchanted by Josephine nominated me for a blog award yesterday. I wasn't surprised that Lucy won this award herself since she has been ever so supportive and kind. Lucy seems like a real friend, even though we've never met. And almost every blog I visit, I see she's already been there herself. Lucy, when do you sleep?

With this award, I must in turn nominate others to share the prize and they, in turn, are supposed to nominate others in the same spirit of blogging friendship.

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

My nominations are as follows (and in no particular order):

Elisabeth of Au Temple des Modes who took an obscure reference to an "apple-green bodice" belonging to Marie Antoinette and sent me a photo within an hour of my posting.

Tristan Robin Blakeman of Enchanted Revelry who inspired me to host a Mad Tea Party on my blog.

Rachel of The Wandering Bunny who seems to be the only person willing to publicly comment on my Blog of a Bookworm and told me to continue writing even though I wasn't sure anyone was reading it.

Joy Jones of Cupid's Charm who made me promise to take a photo when I wear her Marie Antoinette inspired jewelery during my visit to Versailles. Joy also posted several of my fashion plates on her popular blog which added many new visitors to mine.

Lucyxx of Corset Laced Mannequins who responded so sweetly and promptly to my comments on her beautiful blog. (Is everyone named Lucy so charming?)

Heather Carroll of Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire's Gossip Guide who was the first one to discover my fashion plates and post them on her blog.

Catherine Delors of Versailles and More who patiently corrects me when I mess up on French translations (ie., giving Madame Campan the incorrect title).

Jacqueline Loewen of Money Magnet Book Blog who suggested that I blog in the first place.

To all these friends, I say thank you!!! If we could all meet in one place, I would love to have you to a real party (of course, you'd all have to wear hats!).

Don't forget to come back on Saturday, March 7 at 10 am EST for the cyber-version of a Mad Tea Party!