Monday, January 26, 2009

Icons of Fashion: Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette
Copyright of Ingrid Mida, Mixed Media, 8x10, 2008

I've noticed that whenever I write about Marie Antoinette, I attract a new audience to my blog. Clearly there are a lot of fans of this fashion icon. Thank you to those of you who have offered your comments and encouragement. Sometimes it can be lonely being an artist and a writer and I love to hear what you have to say!

I'd like to share lovely blog sites that I've discovered. These sites are beautifully composed, with stunning images and solid writing. These sites include:
Enchanted by Josephine by Lucy Bertoldi
The Duchess of Devonshire's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century by Heather Carroll
Versailles and More by Catherine Delors

As well, some of my postings about Marie Antoinette will be re-posted on a yahoo group site about Marie Antoinette: http:groups.yahoo.com/group/Images_of_Marie_Antoinette/

Welcome to all my new blogging friends!